Wednesday, September 30, 2009

He is our help in time of need

I have decided to share a little testimony of God's great love for his little children in their smallest needs.

I was feeling very down and completely rejected a few weeks ago, so as I turned to the book of Job (which was the book I had been reading through at the time) my Bible opened to Psalm 40 (Now I am not one to just open their Bible anywhere and say this is a message from God but on this occasion I think it must have been Him.) so I decided to just see what this Psalm said so I began to read, and as I read this verse "But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer" I was completely overtaken with the most joy and encouragement I think I have ever experienced. God is indeed our Helper and our Delivered, a constant friend in time of trial. All that I am and all that you are God has made perfect according to His will.

This is one of the many instances God has brought me up from a low place back into His powerful fortress of protection and peaceful rest.

"And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD."


Your brother in Christ

Joel M. Gaffney

4 comments:

Laura {{* *}} said...

Thank you Joel,
for a refreshing word...
~Psalm 40~
as I walk into October
with praise!

{{* *}}

Emily Swanky said...

oooh, the providence of God! :)
Isn't it amazing when He encourages us like that?!
What a Mighty God we serve!
So glad His word uplifted you so much, Joel!
Your sister in Christ :)
M

Lane Burnsed said...

Nice Joel, funny how God works in mysterious ways. :) Thanks for sharing

~Lane~

Zach said...

Thanks...this post meant a lot to me AND spoke directly to me tonight. :-) After the rehearsal today, I felt very discouraged seeing another entry I believe is very talented...more than myself.

So, again thanks for the post (which was very timely and followed my mom's wise counsel).

Hope to see you all tomorrow night...

~Zach